Mold is everywhere, in the air and on surfaces. Most types of molds are relatively harmless, however some toxic molds can cause breathing disorders and even death, like “Black Mold”. The only way to determine if you have a dangerous mold in your house or apartment is to have a professional lab determine the presence and type of mold in the sample. There is no do-it-yourself analysis process to correctly identify mold types. LabTech® Mold OK™ Detection Kit is your first step in determining if unsafe mold is present in your home and give you peace of mind.
How does mold get into my house?
Moisture provides a perfect breeding ground for molds of all types. Showers, sinks, basements are usually places to find mold growing in your home. Here are other breeding areas:
- Flooded areas
- Wet areas, like attics, basements, and crawlspaces
- Baseboards, sheetrock, and tack strips
- Laundry areas
- HVAC ducts, vents, grills and coils
- Under sinks, bathtubs, showers, and around toilets
- Under carpet padding
- Garages, barns, and storage sheds
- Under potted houseplants
What health problems are associated with molds?
Don’t take chances with your health. Early detection of deadly airborne mold is essential. That’s why we developed the Mold OKTM Detection Kit. Mold can cause many different health problems including:
- Immune disorders
- Respiratory issues, including asthma
- Watery Eyes
- Skin Problems
- Aches and Pains
What is inside the kit?
The kit includes:
- Sampling strips for 7 samples
- Sampling envelope for 3 locations
- Sample cases to safely store and identify each sample
- Forms to identify to mail to the lab with samples
- Mailing envelope
- Complete instructions in English and Spanish
How does the kit sampling work?
The LabTech® Mold OK™ Detection Kit is a safe method for sampling the areas where mold is present. The kit uses the same easy collection procedure used by professional mold inspectors, at a fraction of the cost:
- Simply apply the enclosed strips to the suspect areas to lift mold samples or
- Place the strip sample in the plastic case and snap closed
- Fill out the form and method of payment
- Return the samples and form to the lab in the enclosed mailer
For carpet and other surface sampling, place a mold ladened fragment in one of the supplied plastic bags.
How long before I receive the laboratory results?
Laboratory analysis reports provide information about mold and interprets the amount of the mold found in your sample. It also indicates certain remediation advice for. Our partner lab is MoldLab, Ltd., a highly experienced AIHA accredited lab which guarantees results in 5-7 days after receipt of your sample. By providing email and text information you can tract your sample through the lab process. Test results are emailed to you. 24-hour express service is also available for an additional charge.
How much is the laboratory fee?
Lab services are not included in our kit purchase price; however, we have negotiated a special lab fee for LabTech Mold OK™ Detection Kit customers with MoldLab, Ltd. The fees are economically priced at only $15 per sample; other labs charge as much as $40 per sample!