Mosser Lee’s Decorative Lava Rock comes from well below the Earth’s crust, deposited by old volcanic eruptions. The reddish color reflects the original mineral deposits, long since scorched to produce this porous and useful rock.
Soil Cover for Potted Plants:
Indoor potted plants dry out faster without some type of soil cover on the potted dirt. There are several types of soil covers, most of which are natural stones and mosses. Red lava rock is the only soil cover with a reddish color. Its color is adaptable to a variety of colored, natural and ceramic pots.
Red Lava Rock has many uses including:
- Place on top of any potted soil to reduce moisture evaporation in interior houseplants.
- Place rocks in the bottom of pots before adding dirt to provide drainage. (You may not be able to reuse stones after use.)
- Place rocks under clay pots to allow the pots to drain after watering.
- Arrange stones on a dish or flat bowl for a decorative table display.
- Accent color and shapes in custom designs and crafts.
- Add to terrariums to accent the growing medium
- Place as a mulch in a flower bed
- Add to fire pits to hold the heat
- Place on top of BBQ grates to absorb falling grease
- Many, many more…..